Wednesday, September 26, 2012

At wit's end

I’M LOST –the idea finally struck me after hours of walking and trying to figure my way home. I know I was somewhere in San Juan but everything seemed unfamiliar to me. It was getting dark and the bad weather made my situation worse. I was walking in some narrow street; it was a bit scary for I can’t see a single person or street lamp ahead. I got goose bumps for some reason I cannot fathom, my instinct tells me I should walk faster. I’m not the kind of person who ignores instinct or voices in my head; just when I decided to run, someone gripped my backpack and pulled me. I tried my best to outpace him but I failed. Irritably, he asked for my stuff. Anger’s all over his face. Scared, I looked straight to his eyes and begged him. I was willing to give him whatever; I only begged for his mercy, I was afraid he’d hurt me.  He just laughed, then I felt surge of pain somewhere in my body. It took me seconds to realize that he gouged me with a knife. I wobbled; everything is just blurry. I was screaming, I remember myself cursing. I promised I would haunt him and whoever gets hold of my stuff.
And then, I woke up. It was raining outside, I have the air condition on yet I was kind of sweaty. It was quarter past midnight. I was so thirty I went straight downstairs for drink. That was one hell of a dream. Must be Crime and Punishment's effect on me. I swear, it was freaking vivid. I just thought to myself: I don’t usually dream but when I do, it’s awful. Took hours for me to shake off the thought and get back to sleep. It was my first night of living alone and bam! So much for I'm-twenty-four-I-should-try-doing-things-on-my-own-and-living-alone, eh? :)

2 comments:

  1. hahahah sabi ko sayo friend eh nakakabaliw talaga yang crime and punishment.. hahaha once you read it you'll never forget it! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I didn't take your word on it seriously. I was thinkin yer just being your normal self,by normal i meant paranoid and a bit psycho. Hahaha! I ditched the book, btw. -_-

    ReplyDelete